4.12.2010

four years later....


*Disclaimer: this is going to be long. So get comfortable. 

Many people have asked how me and Joey met. 

It was four years ago. almost to the day.
We met in high school, during spring break. I know what you are thinking, and no, it wasn't like THAT. Not exactly. But honestly, it was nothing spectacular back then. We would hang out sometimes, but graduation came. He was a senior, and I was a junior. We went our separate ways, and that was that.

Or so I thought. 

Fast Forward:
I was at a friend's Mission Homecoming in November. Joey had gotten home from his mission bout two weeks before, and was at his friend's homecoming in that same ward.
I saw him, he saw me. We said hi. Ha it was pretty lame I'll admit. 
Then my mind got to thinking, maybe I would see him again. But where? How?
So of course, I added him on facebook. (even lamer, i know)
We talked one day. We chatted another. I gave him my number and told him we should get together while I was home for Christmas. 

He of course texted me the day.

We hung out that night, and it was like we never missed a beat. We felt the connection we had almost instantly. We count that first day as the day we started dating. 

Since then, we have been inseparable. I've tried my best to take pictures of our adventures along the way. Here are a few highlights.



First Hair Cut
I have gotten better.
and use the right scissors now
:)


One of our many Jazz game dates



My Valentine


Dinner at Tucanos for Valentine's Day

It has been soooo much fun dating and getting to know each other all over again. 
But being engaged is even better :)
I'll tell you about that part next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment